FAQs about the Early Career Development Award
- Do I have to be a member of CSCTR?
No, you do not need to be a member to apply or receive an Early Career Development Award. Of course, we encourage you to apply. Learn more!
- I am not in the U.S. or Canada, am I eligible?
No. You must reside in the United States or Canada but priority is given to residents of: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New York and from the Canadian provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
- Does the three-page limit include references/bibliography?
No, the references / bibliography may be separate but not more than two (2) pages.
- Should I include a budget? If so, is it part of the three-page count?
A budget is not required.
- Do the letters of recommendation need to be confidential?
No. You will need to upload your letters as part of your application.
- Can there be duplicate funding?
Yes, you may receive the ECDA even if you already received funding. However, CSCTR requires an accounting of how the ECDA was used and un-used funds returned to CSCTR.
Note: Funds may be used for any combination of salary and/or lab support. Institutional indirect or general overhead costs cannot be covered by the award.
- If I received the ECDA already, can I apply again?
Yes, however preference will be given to those who have not received the award.
- May I receive an extension of my project?
An extension may be available, but requires approval. Send your request to the CSCTR office for review.
555 E. Wells St., Ste. 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- How do I submit an abstract for the Annual Meeting when that deadline has already passed?
An abstract for the Annual Meeting can be submitted together with the ECDA application.
- I am not a K awardee; do I still have a chance?
Unfortunately no; applicants will be asked to submit a copy of your K award letter.
When is the funding period?
The funding period begins when we send you the check, which is upon receipt of the W9 and it ends one (1) year later.