2021 Midwest Clinical and Translational Research Meeting
ABOUT THE 2021 VIRTUAL MEETING
The leadership of the Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research (CSCTR) and the Midwestern Section of the American Federation for Medical Research (MWAFMR) invite you to participate in the Midwest Clinical & Translational Research Meeting, which has a rich annual tradition of providing a forum for young investigators, fellows, and associate/assistant professors to present their research to leaders in their fields. This is one of the few multi-specialty meetings with a broad focus where the attendees can learn about research techniques used in other medical specialties and apply those techniques to their own research.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Midwest Clinical & Translational Research Meeting is open to physician-scientists, research scientists, clinicians, and medical education professionals. This meeting is highly recommended for young investigators, fellows, junior scientists, and trainees, who would benefit from close interaction with senior colleagues.
The Midwest Clinical & Translational Research Meeting of CSCTR and MWAFMR will be comprised of presentations about clinical research techniques and new research findings in cardiology, gastroenterology, pulmonary and critical care, hematology and oncology, endocrinology, nephrology, infectious disease, allergy, and health care research.
Participants at the Midwest Clinical & Translational Research Meeting will acquire knowledge into clinical research techniques and new findings in various aspects of internal medicine and other fields. At the completion of the meeting, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the value of new research techniques;
- Describe new research findings in cardiology, gastroenterology, pulmonary and critical care, hematology and oncology, nephrology, infectious disease, allergy, immunology and rheumatology;
- Explain the diagnosis and management of diseases and disorders across various sub-specialties of medicine.
- 2021 Meeting is Virtual
- NEW! Bone Marrow/Transplant Symposium
Harnessing the Immune System Against Cancer: Lessons from Bone Marrow Transplant
- Mentor Happy Hour
- Outstanding Young Investigator, Featured New Investigator, and Early Career Development Awardee Presentations
- Research Innovations
- Department Chair and Oral Abstract Sessions
- CSCTR Hickam Lecture & AFMR Keynote
- Cardiology/Pulmonary, Metabolism, and Renal/Transplant Clubs
- Poster Presentations