2017 APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL 11:59 pm CST Dec. 30, 2016
CSCTR provides an annual award to outstanding new investigators to supplement any combination of salary and/or lab support.
ECDA applicants must hold an MD, DO, MD/PhD, or PhD. PhD applicants must be conducting translational research within a clinical department or hold an appointment in clinical department. Applications from candidates with a current K Award or equivalent (e.g. VA Career Development Award, or American Heart Association SDG Award) are strongly encouraged and will receive preference.
CSCTR provides up to six (6) ECDA grants on an annual basis. Applicants are required to submit a brief research application, two letters of support, and a copy of their current curriculum vitae.
Early Career Development Award (ECDA) Eligibility Requirements:
- ECDA applicants must hold an MD, DO, MD/PhD, or PhD
- PhD applicants must be conducting translational research within a clinical department or hold an appointment in clinical department
- Applications from candidates with a current K Award or equivalent (e.g., VA Career Development Award, American Heart Association SDG Award) are strongly encouraged to apply
- Priority is given to candidates associated with institutions from the Central region of the United States
Conditions of the Award
- The ECDA award amount is $10,000
- The term (funding period) for the ECDA is for one year
- If necessary, funds can be carried over for up to three years. Proper justification must be sent to the CSCTR Administrative office for CSCTR Executive committee review and approval
- Funds may be used for any combination of salary and/or lab support. Institutional indirect or general overhead costs cannot be covered by the award.
- Award recipients are encouraged to make proper acknowledgements in presentations and publications resulting from the research sponsored by the award. Award recipients are also encouraged to also notify CSCTR of any publications resulting from the work supported by the Award.
- All awardees may be asked to present (poster or oral) their research abstract to the 2017 CSCTR/MWAMFR Combined Annual Meeting related to the work that is proposed in the ECDA
- All awardees must submit a brief written report at the end of their funding period (or at the end of the first year). This report must be sent to the CSCTR Council, and include information about the work accomplished as a result of this award. This information will be used by CSCTR for future planning.
Application Submission Process
The EDCA application must be submitted via the CSCTR web site. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Application submissions must include:
- Applicant's current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Research application including:
- Title and statement of candidate's interests, background, and goals (1 page limit)
- Research plan (3 page limit)
- References/bibliography (2 page limit)
- Complete online application
- The current submission deadline is December 30, 2016
- All applications will be reviewed by the ECDA Review Committee appointed by CSCTR
- The ECDA Review Committee will score the applications based on the significance and quality of the research proposed, the letters of recommendation, and the assessment of the overall promise of the investigator
- Application review decisions are final
- Award Recipients will be announced on or before February 28, 2017